Learn some fancy footwork, build confidence and stay active through basketball programs with the Schaumburg Park District.
Basketball classes start for participants as young as 4, with league opportunities available for girls ages 11 and older. In Junior Basketball, the sport is taught at a basic level, keeping players engaged with specially-designed exercises and games. The program’s foundation is built on basic mechanics, with larger challenges added as the class progresses.
Half-pint hoopsters introduces kids to the rules and fundamentals of basketball, with participants dribbling, passing, shooting and learning teamwork through drills and games. New this fall, the District also is offering the Wade Heisler Basketball Camp led by Schaumburg High School Boys Head Basketball Coach Wade Heisler.
Girls 11 and older may shoot hoops in the Girls Feeder Basketball League from 8 to 11 a.m. on Saturday mornings from Nov. 21 to March 26. Teams may register only at The Sport Center, 1141 W. Irving Park Road.
Times and dates for other upcoming basketball classes include:
Half Pint Hoopsters
- 4:30-5:15 p.m., Mondays, Oct. 26-Dec. 7, Community Recreation Center, 505 N. Springinsguth Road (ages 6-9)
- 5:30-6:15 p.m., Wednesdays, Oct. 28-Dec. 9, The Sport Center (ages 4-6)
- 11-11:45 a.m., Saturdays, Oct. 31-Dec. 12, Schaumburg Tennis Plus, 1416 N. Payne Road. (ages 6-9)
- 4-5 p.m., Thursdays, Nov. 5-Dec. 17, The Sport Center (ages 4-6)
- 5-6 p.m., Thursdays, Nov. 5-Dec. 17, The Sport Center (ages 6-8)
Wade Heisler Basketball Camp
- 4:30-6 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays, Sept. 22-Oct. 15 (ages 9-14)
For more information, call (847) 490-7015 or visit www.parkfun.com.