For preschoolers and kindergarteners, T-ball may be an ideal way to learn basic batting, base running and other skills needed for baseball.
The Schaumburg Park District offers Jr. T-Ball for children ages 3-6 through All Star Sports Instruction. The District also offers a Little Sluggers T-Ball class for children ages 4 to 6. Both programs help boost confidence by building mechanics, hand-eye coordination and teamwork.
Classes are held at The Sport Center, 1141 W. Irving Park Road.
Upcoming Jr. T-Ball classes include:
• 1 to 1:45 p.m. Tuesdays, Sept. 8-Oct. 20 (3-4 years)
• 10:30-11:30 a.m. Fridays, Sept. 11-Nov. 23 (4-6 years)
•9:45-10:30 a.m. Saturdays, Sept. 12-Oct. 24 (4-6 years)
• 1 to 1:45 p.m. Tuesdays, Nov. 3-Dec. 15 (3-4 years)
• 10:30-11:30 a.m. Fridays, Nov. 6-Dec. 18 (4-6 years)
Upcoming Little Sluggers T-Ball classes include:
- 4:30-5:15 p.m. Wednesdays, Sept. 9-Oct. 14
- 4:30-5:15 p.m. Wednesdays, Oct. 28-Dec. 9
For more information, call (847) 891-1266 or visit www.parkfun.com.